Monday, September 21, 2015

A focus on Beverly L. Cocke, Henrico County School Board, Brookland District

Greetings all!

Please allow me to thank all of those who have already volunteered in many ways for our campaigns, and for the Tuesday, November 3, 2015 elections.  We have much more to do however and need many more volunteers.  Please email me at ewhitlock@lawplc.com to volunteer.  You can visit the unified Henrico Republican campaign office: “TEAMGOP Victory Office” at 3163 Lauderdale Drive, Henrico, Virginia 23233.

On November 3, 2015, we have important elections for our local government (Commonwealth’s Attorney, Sheriff, Clerk of Court, Board of Supervisors and School Board) as well as our General Assembly (Senate and House of Delegates).  Today the blog will feature Brookland School Board member Beverly L. Cocke.

Beverly has served on the Henrico County School Board, representing the Brookland District, since 2012.  She states:

“It is a real honor to serve where I have lived her whole life.  In our school system, there have been many accomplishments over the past several years.  Yet, there is still much to be done to prepare all students for success in a continually changing and highly competitive world.  I continue to push for SOL reforms, smaller class sizes, and options in Career and Technical education.

More people are finding out what I have always believed - the Brookland district is a great place to raise a family.  Brookland has seen an increase in student population, causing capacity issues at several schools that need to be addressed in the upcoming years.  I look forward to tackling this issue and more.  I have worked to be assessable and visible throughout the district.  You can usually find me at one of our schools or out in the community.  Brookland is the heart of Henrico County and I humbly thank you for allowing me to serve as your school board representative.  I would love to hear from you - email me at blcocke@henrico.k12.va.us or give me a call at 592-7538.”

For the most up to date information on the Brookland district and HCPS, please "like" Bev4Brookland on Facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment